Benvenuto, Ospite
Nome utente: Password: Ricordami
Questa è l'intestazione forum facoltativa per la Casella dei Suggerimenti.

ARGOMENTO: sign of respect, of course, and Lions coach Matt P

sign of respect, of course, and Lions coach Matt P 4 Anni 10 Mesi fa #1199

• elaine95
Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints needed less than 10 minutes to obliterate what looked like a milestone victory for the seemingly cursed Cleveland Browns.Wil Lutz kicked a 44-yard field goal with 21 seconds left Jahlani Tavai Jersey , Cleveland kicker Zane Gonzalez pushed the second of his two missed field goals wide right in the final seconds, and the Saints held on for a 21-18 victory that extended the Browns’ winless streak to 19 games.“These are games that we find we find our identity a little bit,” Brees said, alluding to New Orleans’ inability to score more than three points until the first of Michael Thomas’ two touchdown catches with 8:41 to go. “These are games that, hey, you didn’t have your best stuff, but you found a way.”With the help of another Cleveland collapse.Gonzalez also missed two extra points, one week after his potential winning field goal was blocked in a season-opening tie with Pittsburgh. His final miss came from 52 yards.“It snowballed,” Gonzalez said, acknowledging the psychological effect of earlier misses that he hooked left before pushing his final kick the other way. “I was overcompensating. I get paid to make those kicks and I have to make them.”Gonzalez’s tough day represented only a portion of Cleveland’s implosion. Defensive back Derrick Kindred‘s illegal contact penalty on what would have been a third-down sack extended New Orleans’ first touchdown drive, which ended with Thomas’ 2-yard catch and cut Cleveland’s lead to 12-10.With just less than five minutes left, Saints safety Marcus Williams intercepted Tyrod Taylor in Cleveland territory on a pass Taylor threw back over the middle as he was rolling to his right.“You never want to throw late down the middle Will Harris Jersey ,” Taylor said. “That’s something I need to be better at. That play was not good for us. You can’t put your team in that situation.”The turnover led to New Orleans’ second TD on a 5-yard fade to Thomas, who said he was determined to make up for his fumble earlier in the game. Thomas outjumped two defenders to make the catch.“Enough was enough,” Thomas said. “I needed to respond and help my teammates, and that’s what I did. And I still owe them.”Brees finished 28 for 35 for 243 yards and two TDs for New Orleans (1-1). Thomas caught 12 passes for 89 yards.Taylor was 22 of 30 for 246 yards, one TD and one interception. Jarvis Landry had five catches for 69 yards, and Carlos Hyde scored on a 1-yard TD run.It wasn’t enough for the Browns (0-1-1), who were very close to starting 2-0.“It’s tough, but we got a lot of football left to play,” Landry said.GOOD KAMARAAlvin Kamara, the 2017 offensive rookie of the year, continued to be a bright spot in a largely frustrating day for New Orleans’ offense. His seemingly slippery running style continued to produce yards after contact and he wound up with 99 yards from scrimmage, including 53 on six catches.His run for a late 2-point conversion gave the Saints an 18-12 lead and made a difference after Taylor found rookie receiver Antonio Callaway for a 47-yard Austin Bryant Jersey , all-or-nothing TD heave on fourth-and-5 with 1:16 to go.Gonzalez missed a point-after kick for the second time, and Brees’ 42-yard completion to Ted Ginn Jr. set up Lutz’ go-ahead kick.TURNOVERSThe Browns, who forced six turnovers against Pittsburgh in Week 1, recovered two more fumbles when Thomas and Ginn were both stripped after receptions.Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi sacked Brees twice and would have had a third if not for Kindred’s penalty.Overall, it was a strong showing for the unit coached by coordinator Gregg Williams, who held the same job in New Orleans when the Saints won their only Super Bowl.INJURIESBrowns: Safety Damarious Randall received treatment on the field after being in on a tackle in the second quarter.Saints: Tommylee Lewis received treatment for what the club described as a knee injury after a big hit during a punt return in the second quarter. He was listed as questionable to return to the game. … Defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins left in the fourth quarter after taking a hit to the head. He said after the game his face mask was pushed into his nose but that he did not have a concussion.UP NEXTBrowns: Host the New York Jets on Thursday night.Saints: Visit Atlanta on Sunday. ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — Kenny Golladay is making quite an impression on his fellow receivers in Detroit.The second-year wideout had four catches for 98 yards and a touchdown Sunday in the Lions‘ 31-23 victory over Green Bay. He also had a touchdown called back because of a penalty.Golladay has given Detroit another strong receiving threat along with Golden Tate and Marvin Jones — and at this point, it’s hard to tell who the defense should be most concerned with.“Having Kenny play the way he’s been playing since he came on the team has been huge. He’s opened it up for everybody,” Tate said. “Now we have a bunch of guys who can make plays.”The Lions drafted Golladay in the third round last year out of Northern Illinois, and he got off to quite a start, catching two touchdown passes in his first game .However, he missed five games with hamstring issues and finished the season with only 28 catches.Still Rashan Gary Jersey , the potential was there, and this year the 6-foot-4 Golladay has nearly matched that reception total already. He has 27 catches for 428 yards. On the Lions, only Tate is ahead of him in those categories.“He’s killing it,” Jones said. “He’s doing a great job, and it’s fun to see.”Golladay has been productive this season, and he’s also been consistent. He caught seven passes for 114 yards in the season opener against the Jets and was one of the very few bright spots for Detroit in that loss. He’s had at least four receptions in all five games.The 5-foot-10 Tate is a dependable veteran who can excel after the catch. Both he and the 6-foot-2 Jones had more than 1,000 yards receiving last season. But it’s hard not to notice Golladay’s physical ability and wonder if Detroit’s passing game could be even better as he becomes a bigger part of it.“He’s obviously a big kid, physical kid, can run, wants to be a really good player,” quarterback Matthew Stafford said after the game against Green Bay.“Smart, has dialogue with me. All of our guys do Darnell Savage Jr. Jersey , really, which is great. What they’re seeing out there, what they think we can do — so, I’m just happy for our team to get a win. Obviously happy for Kenny. He had a good one.”Golladay’s 46-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter was nullified by an illegal use of hands penalty on a Detroit lineman. Later that period, Stafford and Golladay connected again for a 60-yard gain that set up a touchdown.Golladay caught a 5-yard scoring pass in the fourth quarter that put the Lions up 31-14.“Whenever my number is called, I’m just trying to make the play,” Golladay said. “So if they want to throw it to me five times or four times a game or nine times a game, I just want to make all the plays.”As he becomes more of an established target, Golladay may have to deal with more attention from opposing defenses. That’s a sign of respect, of course, and Lions coach Matt Patricia likes what he sees so far.“There’s a lot of different coverages that are coming his way, there’s a lot of different fronts Elgton Jenkins Jersey , doubles, bracket-type situations that he’s running into. … The great part about it is just his competitiveness overall,” Patricia said.“Doing the details, doing the little things — the blocking. Maybe some of the plays where he may draw a little bit more attention and free somebody else up. Those are big responsibilities in the offense and kind of help everything fit together for all the guys on the field.”NOTES: DE Ziggy Ansah, back with the Lions this season on the franchise tag, has missed the past four games with a shoulder injury. Patricia did not appreciate a question Monday about whether Ansah’s contract status might be affecting his return to the field. “The guy’s trying every single day to get back out there. So, that’s what it is. Don’t make it anything more than that,” Patricia said.
L\'Amministratore ha disattivato l\'accesso in scrittura al pubblico.
Tempo creazione pagina: 0.120 secondi